The Hertz DCX 460.3 speakers add the extra kick you’ve been missing in your car sound experience. With lots of power, sleek design, and crisp audio quality, this Hertz Dieci series aftermarket speaker deserves a TOP place on the best 4×6-inch car speakers list.
- Per speaker, you get hefty power at 40 watts RMS and 80 watts peak
- Thanks to the neodymium drivers, these compact speakers can deliver mighty power without deforming
- Among its class, this unit has one of the widest frequency ranges
- The mid-range sound on these speakers may disappoint some audio fanatics
- The input power handling isn’t the highest, some other aftermarket car stereos can definitely take on more power
Hertz is currently known for manufacturing top-notch aftermarket speakers with serious abilities to boost the overall sound quality of your car, and their DCX 460.3 model is no different.
Fresh out of the box, you’d immediately notice that you actually receive a pair of speakers, not just one, which basically translates into double the trouble! These car speakers are powerful as they are dependable, running on 80 watts of power at its peak, rounding to a grand total of 160 watts, though it’s recommended that you keep it leveled at around 150 watts for protection. Although its power handling is quite impressive, it still needs much more to compete with monstrous speakers.
It features an extremely sensitive water repellent treated paper woofer with a thermoplastic polyurethane surround that picks up the tiniest frequency vibrations beautifully. High frequencies are captured via its PEI dome tweeter with matching enthusiasm. This combination creates perfect notes with phenomenal frequency response levels.
The Hertz speakers use a neodymium magnet for further stability. An oversized motor along with a copper mobile voice coil serves to further improve the experience you get with the DCX 460.3. When it comes to bass, you’ll definitely enjoy how they perform despite not being the ideal size for true magical bass quality.
The audio clarity is out of the question with the Hertz speakers as it’s backed up with terrific excursion and matching resonance. The only bone you can pick with this unit is that while the 2-way speakers produce amazing quality, the mid-range sounds for vocals and particular instruments aren’t very satisfying.
- Large motor assembly for mobile voice coil control
- The pure copper voice coil wound on conex former for maximum lightness
- Water-repellent treated paper cone
- TPU surround for wide excursion and resonance damping
- Neodymium tweeter with PEI dome for compactness and energy at high frequencies
- Tin-plated, high current terminals
- DIN size basket protected by abrasion-proof dust paint
- Silver-plated lead wires for highest reliability and conductivity
- Low carbon content plates for maximum permeability and increased heat dissipation
- Epoxy glue for motor and basket systems gives perfect coupling
- Weight: 0.58 kg / 1.28 lbs
- 2 way coaxial
- Top mount depth: 1-13/16 inches
- Woofer size: 4×6 inches
- Tweeter size: 15 mm / 0.6 inches
- Power handling (per speaker): 80 watts peak / 40 watts continuous
- Frequency response: 65-21,000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 93 dB
- Impedance: 4 ohms
- Tweeter Magnet: Neodymium
- Tweeter dome: PEI
- Woofer magnet: High-density flux ferrite
If you’re looking to trade in your old car speaker with some powerful aftermarket ones, you can safely bet on the DCX 460.3 4×6-inches speakers. Built to last and provide ultimate musical joy, you should be more than happy with this purchase.
For more 4×6-inch car speakers you might like, click here.
Image by hertzaudiovideo.com
Last update on 2019-06-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API