Overall, if you are looking for a good looking, but cheap 2-channel amp to run component speakers and a sub, this would be my choice. I really like the way it looks.
I have used lots of different amps in my lifetime, and whether you are looking for an amp to start your collection, or to add to your collection, this is might be a good place to start.
- Looks amazing for the price – the finish on this amplifier is really nice, and the illuminated logo makes it really stand out
- Mute and delay soft start system inbuilt into the amp
- Can be a bit fiddly to hook up – the allen screws aren’t the best, so pick up a set of philips screws and the amp will sound much better.
- Needs a good ground to minimize any whining noises. The first ground I tried wasn’t good enough and I could hear whining from the alternator, but once I found a better ground under the seat, it was perfect.
Normally, when I am looking to upgrade my audio systems in my vehicle, I look at brands such as Pioneer, or Alpine. But, I saw this amp online, didn’t want to spend too much at the time, and loved the finish, so I just had to give it a go. I must say, I didn’t regret it. I have this unit running a pair of 6×9’s and it works great. I have also tested it with my 12” sub, and it never missed a beat.
The crossover and filters make a huge difference to the sound of this amp. These features give a really clear and crisp sound. I have run this amp for up to 7 hours playback, and it has impressed me with every passing minute.
The great thing about this amp is that it is really simple, yet works really well. With the RMS power ratings, you can run 2 ohms over 700 watts on 2 channels, 4 ohms over 460 watts on 2 channels, or 4 ohms bridges to 1400 watts on 1 channel.
The amp has over and under-voltage protection, but my favorite feature is the fully adjustable 12db / octave crossover. Crossover’s are one of the most important features in my opinion when you are looking to use an amp for a set of component speakers or 6×9’s.
The Rockville amps are also available in bigger sizes, so if you want a consistent look to your setup, these are perfect.
I like the safety features this amp has such as the protection circuitry, preamp circuitry, soft-start system and voltage protection. These features give me confidence that these amps are well built and well thought out.
- Max Power Output – 2,800 Watts Peak Output
- RMS Power Output – 1,400 Watts RMS Output and 700 watts CEA-2006 rated power
- Amp Class – A/B
- Bridgeable – Yes
- Width (inches) – 9”
- Height (inches) – 2.4”
- Depth (inches) – 19.4
- Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover with Differential Circuitry. Low Pass Filter: 50Hz – 250Hz. High Pass Filter: 60Hz -1.2KHz.
Last update on 2023-12-09 / Affiliate links / *Image Disclaimer: We use images/data from Amazon Product Advertising API solely on products that link to Amazon. On products with the "Price at Crutchfield" button, we use images/data from Crutchfield.com as per the partnership deal.