Designed to be at the top of the heap in the competition subwoofer market, Skar Audio’s ZVXv2 Series is all about SPL, what with each model in the lineup boasting a three-inch high-temperature voice coil, three-slug motor, competition grade cone, and high roll foam surround. See Skar Audio ZVXv2 compared with Sundown Audio XV3.
- Engineered to withstand ultra-extreme amounts of current while performing efficiently
- Utilizes a three-inch high-temperature voice coil and massive triple slug magnet
- Available in eight (8)-, 12-, 15- and 18-inch sizes in dual one (1)-, two (2)- and four (4)-ohm configurations
- Demands high amounts of steady current from adequate amplifiers
- Some owners report blowing drivers prematurely
- Coil temperature needs to be monitored during high SPL competition conditions
The eight (8)-inch ZVXv2, as a competition-grade sub, boasts a pressed paper cone with stitched high roll foam surround and massive triple stack magnet and handles 900 watts continuous and 1,100 watts peak.
The 12-inch version steps up to a high-temperature three-inch/eight-layer copper voice coil with advanced airflow cooling design and power handling capabilities of 1,500 watts RMS and 3,000 watts peak – characteristics and specs shared with the 15-inch subs, as well.
The 18-inch beast from Skar Audio brings power handling capabilities up to a staggering 1,600 watts RMS and 3,200 watts peak. In particular, this 18-inch ZVXv2 sub was engineered to withstand brutal-esque competition environments and perform efficiently at the highest levels of output power; but while these elements make the subwoofer extremely reliable and powerful, you must be prepared for the amount of current these things demand from an amp – and what kind of upgrades you’re going to have to make to your alternator and battery. What’s more, each of the 18-inch subs requires about five (5) cubic feet a piece in terms of space to really strut their stuff.
The ZVXv2’s prowess has been proven in the SPL competition lanes, win after win, and we are confident they won’t let you down if your overall goal is sheer low bass output.
Features & Specifications
- Max Power Handling: 1,100 to 3,200 watts
- RMS Power Handling: 900 to 1,600 watts
- Woofer Size: Eight (8)-, 12-, 15-, 18-inch
- Frequency Response: 40-500Hz to 20-400Hz
- Ported Volume: 5.25 feet^3
- Port Area: 78 square-inches
- Port Length: 30-inches
- Tuning Frequency: 32Hz
- Mounting Depth: 10.80-inches
- Cut-Out Diameter: 17.10-inches
- Magnet Diameter: 8.25-inches
- Subwoofer Displacement: 0.19 feet^3
Last update on 2023-12-08 / Affiliate links / *Image Disclaimer: We use images/data from Amazon Product Advertising API solely on products that link to Amazon. On products with the "Price at Crutchfield" button, we use images/data from Crutchfield.com as per the partnership deal.